Wednesday, March 18, 2009

4 is better than 3?

I have to say that even though lots and lots of people told me 4 was easier than 3, I was not a believer until now. After my third baby it felt like life fell apart. We were outnumbered and I was completely outnumbered when Shane was at work. Four has definitely been easier (at least so far). I have one in school all the time and one in preschool 2 days a week which has helped. It has also been a blessing that Logan eats so darn good. Even with having a C-section things have just been easier. Hooray for that.

Everyone is doing really well. Kiara and Aidan have been super helpers, getting diapers, holding Logan so I can actually go to the bathroom now and then, and trying their hardest to get a one month old to laugh. Rowan has decided that the baby just doesn't exist. He doesn't want to talk to Logan or hold him or anything. Right now I have decided that is totally fine since Rowan picked up a cough somewhere. The only time he acknowledges the baby is when I am holding Logan and Rowan wants to be held. Then he tells me quite clearly to "put the baby down." Obviously, we still have some work to do there : )

I have been feeling good. My tummy is still pretty sore, but I have been able to get back to doing everything I need to do without too much trouble. I am enjoying being able to wear pants without elastic and my bed being so much more comfortable than it was just a month or so ago.

Logan is eating and pooping and sleeping just like a good little baby should. He gets gassy if I eat anything remotely spicy or gassy, but we have managed to work it out. Mexican food and me will just have to break up for a little bit. Don't worry though, we will reunite again someday soon (at least for my birthday). Logan seems really big to me even though he is just a month old. We will see on Friday just how much he has grown.

The one downside to all of this is that now I have this nagging thought that if 4 isn't so bad, why not try for one more girl. . . .

PS I will post more pictures after his doctor's appointment on Friday.

1 comments:

Derek & Melanie said...

4 better than 3, that seems crazy. I'm so glad it's going well for you.