Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Story

Here is the story of getting this little boy here. We went to be induced last Thursday according to the plan. They got me all hooked up and I was making some progress, but very slowly. It took me all day just to get to a 5. Every time they checked me they kept saying his head was still floating and just wouldn't get engaged in my pelvis.
About 5:30 I decided I wanted to go ahead and get an epidural since I knew it would hurt a lot more after she finally broke my water. Now this is odd for me since with my other 3 I was completely against getting an epidural and did it all natural. For some reason this time I just really, really wanted one. So they got me my epidural and everything is lovely. I can't feel any pain from the contractions, just some pressure and that is wonderful. About 8:40 she comes in to break my water. She breaks my water and it is just a flood of water. She kept her hand up there forever trying to make sure the cord didn't come out instead of his head. When she is finally satisfied that everything is okay they look at the monitor and with every contraction the baby's heartbeat drops into the 50s or 60s. Of course this freaks everyone out. They immediately stop the pitocin, give me a shot to stop all my contractions and the doctor announces I'm going to need a C-section to get this kid out now! So all the staff snaps into super fast mode and before I know it I am in the operating room and have a new baby. Everything went really well and he came out screaming which of course made me cry. It was quite the adventure.
We are both doing well now, but recovering from a C-section has been different than a regular birth. Logan is a wonderful baby, though. He is nursing well and sleeping pretty good. We are very excited to have him here. Aidan keeps giving him kisses and Kiara wants to hold him any time she can. Rowan is still on the fence about this baby, but hopefully he will come around too. We are so thankful everything turned out the way it was supposed to and everyone is okay.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Bless your sweet heart! I'm sorry you had to deal with the drama of it all!

Derek & Melanie said...

Sorry you ended up with a c-section. I hope your recovery is going well. Don't over do it.

Welcome said...

I am so happy for you guys! I am so glad everything turned out well. I ask Stephanie about you all the time. Her and I are VT partners. Loralie came home telling me Kiara had a new baby at her house!

Ash said...

I am so excited...another adorable boy! Holy scary delivery! I'm glad there was a happy ending but I bet you're sore. Take it easy and congrats!

Ash said...

I am so excited...another adorable boy! Holy scary delivery! I'm glad there was a happy ending but I bet you're sore. Take it easy and congrats!

Kerrie said...

SHEESH! I'm glad you and the baby are all fine! What a story! What emotions! Wow. I'm gald you're well and have another little angel in your home.