Monday, March 23, 2009

Garden

My wonderful husband has planted a garden this year. I cannot take any credit for it at all, except I helped pick out what to plant and I planted some seeds. Other than that, it is all Shane. He built a square foot gardening box out of spare fence building boards and then we put some black stuff down to prevent weeds from coming up. After that we filled it with good soil from the store since ours is pretty worthless. We planted corn, green onions, watermelons, bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots and pumpkins. It is so exciting to see the little tiny green plants come up. Shane is so good about watering it every day and the kids love to help him. I can't wait until we have fresh veggies to eat and can! We can make fresh salsa and have corn on the cob and watermelon!! Can you tell I'm excited? We have also planted 2 apple trees. It feels so good to make this house our own in so many ways. I love having a garden, planting trees, letting the kids run in the backyard. It makes this being a grown up stuff worth it!

You can also see my pretty fence in these pictures that my dear sweet man worked so hard to put up. Hooray for gardens and sweet honeys!

0 comments: