Friday, September 26, 2008

A new baby, but when?

We are expecting baby #4!! The only problem is we aren't sure when this baby is going to come. At my first appointment I was due December 27, then February 8 and now they tell me I'm due February 18. I seem to be stuck at about 17 weeks and can't seem to get any further. My frustrations are growing with each appointment since every time I go they tell me I am 17 or 18 weeks and expect me to be all excited that I'm almost halfway. Funnily enough, I'm not excited about still being 18 weeks after my third appointment.

Regardless of this frustration, the baby seems to be growing well. They have been able to hear the heartbeat without any problems at all my appointments and it is always strong. I am scheduled for an ultrasound on Wednesday to hopefully clear up the date issue and find out if we are having a girl or a boy. Let's just hope I'm not suddenly due in March now!

The kids are excited too, but divided on whether they want a girl or a boy. Kiara is all for a baby sister, but Aidan wants another brother. He says he already has enough sisters. Kiara, of course, is done with brothers and has vowed to stay in her room "FOREVER" if it is a boy. I would love to have a girl to even things up and Shane wants a girl too. Plus, we have absolutely no idea what to name the baby if it is a boy!!

I keep telling myself 4 can't be any more crazy than 3. Let's just hope I'm right!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting! Hopefully they dont keep pushing out your due date! That's so crazy.

Katie said...

There's got to be SOME number of kids that maxes the craziness peak. Then adding one more is no big deal. Right? RIGHT? I'm just afraid that number is past 5...

Derek & Melanie said...

Hi Celissa. This is Melanie, Elizabeth's friend. I found your blog through hers of course. Congratulations on baby #4. I completely feel for you. As if pregnancy isn't long enough they have to keep pushing our due date farther and farther back. Good luck.

Eric and Aubrey said...

Hey Celissa! I was blog hopping and came across your blog. What a cute family! Congrats on #4 - I'm still trying to decide when to make that scary leap! Glad to see things are going well - even if a bit frustrating!