Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hooray for husbands!!

Shane just got back from spending 2 weeks in Utah for work. After 2 weeks of being a single parent and having to take out my own trash and feed the animals and put the kids to bed and about a million other things he usually does, it was wonderful to have him home.

We drove down to Tucson to pick him up from the airport and when we drove up and he was there my heart did a little flip-flop just like it used to when we first started dating. I guess even after 7+ years of being together he can still make my heart skip a beat. I threw the car into park and leaped out of the car to get my first kiss in 2 weeks. And then another one. It was wonderful just to hold his hand as we drove home.

The kids were also excited to see him. Aidan had gotten in big trouble just before Shane left and had told Shane he didn't like him anymore. When Shane called Aidan started telling him that he liked him again and when we picked up Shane, Aidan had to tell him over and over again that he liked his daddy again. All weekend Shane hasn't been able to sit by himself for longer than 5 minutes without a kid coming to sit on his lap or his wife needing a hug. I hope he got the message that we missed him because we really did!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

I am so glad your wonderful husband is back at home!

Shannon said...

2 weeks is a long time!! I bet he is so happy to be home too!

Natalie and David said...

Hey, I know how you felt! David left for two weeks this summer too and it was just hard. I definitely didn't sign up to do this parenting thing alone! Hooray for husbands!