Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Outnumbered

Kiara and I are officially outnumbered. We are having another boy. That makes it 4 boys to 2 girls, a clear majority. O well, we are still prettier than them! I am getting even more thankful for our big backyard since now we will have 3 boys running and climbing and jumping and tumbling all over the place.

We were actually very surprised since I haven't been sick and seem to be carrying lower than the other boys. But I guess this baby just needed to be different and I don't miss the throwing up that I had all 9 months with the other two boys! The ultrasound was good. The tech was very thorough and checked everything out. Our little boy wasn't very cooperative moving all around, but he looks healthy and is obviously strong as he ran from the ultrasound over and over again.

Kiara is very disappointed. She was in tears for a while when we told her, but I'm glad we told her now as opposed to her finding out in a couple of months. We will have to work on doing special girl things since it doesn't look like she is going to get a sister. I'm glad Stephanie, my sister, is close by and likes to do girly things with her too. Shane says we can try again for another girl, but that also opens up the chance for another boy so I think I'm okay with being done at least for the moment.

And... my due date didn't change. HOORAY!!! I am officially due on February 18, 2009 which means I made it to 20 weeks!! Only 20 more to go. Luckily those weeks will be filled with holidays to keep me busy. Now we just have to figure out a boy name. Good thing we still have 20 weeks, it just might take us that long to agree on a boy's name.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! Bring on the trucks and trains. Having all boys will make Kiara all the more precious.

Shannon said...

Congrats! That is so cool! At least Kiara is the oldest! That may make it easier for her. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Celissa,
We will be having baby boys at the same time! I'm already trying to convince Alena to like pink a little bit more and to let me do her hair with pretty bows. What if she ends up being my only girl! She wants to be a witch for Halloween...I've been trying to tell her that she actually wants to be a princess! :)
I'm excited to be going through this fun pregnancy stuff with you!
Natalie

camilla said...

Yea! Too bad about another boy. your poor sweet daughter! I'm glad you're halfway there! I hate being pregnant.

Leah said...

Congrats! That is super exciting! At least you have your Girl.....want to get together next week when I am in town?
Yay for 20 weeks too!