Friday, October 5, 2007

Cowboy Missionary

So my brother, Aaron, made it home safe and sound and so did my parents. A hurricane/tropical depression/storm blew through Veracruz while they were there so we are glad they made it back safe. It was a fun trip to the airport. All my family that live in the Gilbert/Chandler area came to the airport too, so Aaron had quite the welcome home committee. We had to wait a long time for them to get through customs because they came straight from Mexico City.

Kiara and cousin Marci waiting


Cousin Jacob, cousin Bryce, Aunt Bev and Aunt Jodi



We were standing there with our signs and people kept asking where the signs for them were. When they finally came out Aaron looked just the same - cowboy hat and all! I guess this is what you get when you cross a missionary and a cowboy:



I can't believe my baby brother is a returned missionary! I look at Aidan and think he looks just like Aaron did when he was little. Aidan has decided he is going to go on a mission and tell people about Heavenly Father and Jesus just like his uncle Aaron. When you ask him where he is going he says "I go on mission" I guess that means he is willing to go wherever the Lord sends him : ) He also wants to fly on a plane to his mission. I can't believe that someday I will hopefully have 2 missionary boys. Having Aidan talk about going on a mission keeps reminding me what a huge responsibility I have to teach him so he can teach the people he is meant to bring to the gospel. Now Aaron has to figure out life in the real world again and without a companion!


In unrelated news, we also went to Kiara's neurosurgeon appointment while in Phoenix. The doctor told us something just wonderful. He said she is doing so well that she doesn't need to come back to see him for 2 years as long as she stays well. Shane and I did a happy dance all the way out of the clinic! After so much worry over her it is so wonderful to finally have some good news and nothing new to worry about! I think I better do another happy dance just because I'm happy thinking about it!

1 comments:

Leah said...

YAY! I was hoping there would be pictures! I didn't know he was a cowboy? I guess he is probably super excited to wear that hat! HA! He looks great! So glad to hear your daughter is doing well! :)