Saturday, June 20, 2009

Aidan's Birthday

This is a catch up post...

Aidan's birthday was also in May. He turned 5 on May 8. I think he had a great day. We put up streamers and decorations the night before and Shane had the awesome idea to put up streamers like a set of railroad tracks. He was very excited when he woke up to train tracks on the living room ceiling. We made him a regular cake because he wanted a drawing of Thomas and James (yes the trains) racing on it. He declared what we came up with "awesome" so that made me glad. During the day he had his friend Rye over to play and they had fun playing Thomas and Star Wars. We had grandmas and grandpas over for cake and ice cream and he was very excited to open his presents. So excited in fact that he just opened and opened and opened without pausing to look or let us see what he got! He was excited to get some coloring books and some more trains, of course.

I am kind of sad to see my little boy turn 5 and know it is time for him to go to kindergarten and leave me. He has been my buddy for so long. He always has wanted to be cuddled and held and wanted to be with me. Lately he has been wanting to be more with daddy and do the fun things daddys get to do like fix the car, work outside and just be manly. He even discovered the joys of peeing outside and takes any opportunity he can to try it out. My little boy is growing up. I am sure he will do great in kindergarten. He always has lots and lots of questions and really enjoyed preschool. I am excited to see where he goes from here. He is the sweetest guy. Happy Birthday Aidan!!

0 comments: