Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday Girl

Kiara turned 7 last Friday. I can't believe it has already been 7 years since she changed our lives completely! I think she had a pretty good day. Shane was off and so he surprised her at school by going to lunch with her. She had a good time showing off her daddy to all her friends and then showing Shane her "cool tricks" on the monkey bars. Then I went to school to bring cookies for her class. That evening we had cake and ice cream with our family. My parents and Shane's mom came along with my grandparents and Aaron and Carrie. She was excited to open presents and blow out her candles. It was a fun party. She got lots of Hannah Montana stuff including Hannah Montana boots and a new CD. We are planning on going with Rebekah and her girls to the Hannah Montana movie on Saturday. (O the excitement!!)

Rowan and Kiara and the cake.
The cake didn't get to be as fancy as I planned since I got stung by a scorpion that afternoon and had to frost it with my left hand!

Rowan & Grandpa Clarence being pirates. Rowan ran around the whole party with his "telescope" saying "argh I'm a pirate". Occasionally he would also be a tractor.

My mom and Logan. I think this is the most she has gotten to hold him since she has always been on big kid duty since he has been here. I was glad she finally got some time to hold him though I don't think she is impressed that Shane took her picture.

Kiara, Aidan, Grandma Taffie and the new CD. If you notice the cereal box that isn't one of her presents, I wrapped her CD in the cereal box so she wouldn't know what it was. She was not impressed when she unwrapped it. She didn't want cereal for her birthday.Kiara really is a great girl. She is a super reader, a great helper, a daddy's girl through and through. I'm so glad she is part of our family though she can make me crazy at times. I don't what I would do if I had all boys. She has been through so much I am just thankful everyday that she is a normal little girl without all the problems she could have had. She also makes me so thankful for the temple and forever families. I feel so blessed to know that no matter what, she will be ours forever and ever!


1 comments:

Amber Bryce said...

I didn't know you got stung by a scorpion! Ouch!