Monday, January 12, 2009

Bedrest

I thought I would update this real quick during my limited out of bed/chair/couch time. I have been put on bedrest because apparently this baby thinks he needs to come early or at least my body thinks he does. I keep having lots of contractions. After Christmas and all the craziness I ended up in the hospital for a couple hours while they tried to stop me from having contractions every few minutes. After getting a shot of yucky stuff they finally stopped and I am now on bedrest until 36 weeks (only 1 1/2 weeks to go). After 36 weeks they say I am okay to deliver. Of course, I figure after all this he probably won't come until after my due date just to make me even crazier!!

6 comments:

Derek & Melanie said...

I'm so sorry you're on bed rest. That must be awful. Good luck with everything.

Natalie and David said...

Hey maybe we'll deliver on the same day! Sorry about the bed rest. I used to think that sounded great - staying in bed all day - but with the way my back hurts and my acid reflux erupts when I'm in bed, it doesn't sound fun at all. It will be over soon!

Leah said...

2 weeks is bedrest is doable. Just keep him in till 36....get the lungs developed...what are your kiddos doing while you lay around? Hang in there and try not to go crazy! Can't wait to see your little one!

Jim said...

Sorry to hear about the bedrest! You're in our thoughts and prayers. Stay healthy!

Katie said...

That totally stinks! I can't imagine dealing with that with kids at home. Sounds like you've got a stubborn baby on your hands!

Elizabeth said...

You are almost off bed rest!!! I am so excited for you. You are such a great Mom.