Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

We had a fun and simple Halloween this year. We carved pumpkins on Thursday. The kids got a kick out of that, especially designing their own faces. Kiara wanted hers to say BOO and Aidan wanted a scary one. After Aidan's was done Rowan checked it out and started talking to it in his best scary voice. It was pretty funny to listen to him.
On Friday we went to our stake's Trunk or Treat at the Central ballfield (for the last year there since the new temple is going there!) and had fun saying trick or treat and eating hotdogs.
Kiara was a cheerleader, but at the last minute decided she needed to be something scary, so we opted for her being a dead cheerleader (or at least a severely injured one). I told her she fell off the top of the pyramid. Aidan was all for being a puppy again and since his costume still fit from last year, I was all for it too. Rowan was Tigger with a costume I got from my aunt. It was lovely not to have to buy anything at all this year in the way of costumes! They do look pretty cute, at least I think so :)

Kiara and her best dead cheerleader face

Aidan, the puppy


Rowan, the cutest Tigger I've ever seen!

My mom was all dressed in her witchy best at the Trunk or Treat to give out candy too. The big kids recognized her, but Rowan wasn't too sure. I think he recognized her voice, but she didn't look like herself at all. They got plenty of candy and were very happy!

With their jack o' lanterns

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Andrew wanted to be something dead too. but he forgot when he got his teenager idea. Next year he said he will be a dead teenage driver.

Shannon said...

cute costumes! I like the dead/injured cheerleader...lol. I keep forgetting you guys are getting a Temple down there too! That will be awesome!

Kerrie said...

How fun. I love her dead cheerleader face. :) That's fun that your Mom gets dressed up too. I think it's fun. It's so expensive though! I would like to pick one thing to dress up as for a few years. A witch is classic. Good job on the kids costumes. So cute.