Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Joyous Things

I was going through some old boxes from college and found a list Rebekah and I made of joyous things. We started it one day while she was visiting and I hung it on my wall and added to it until I got married. It had such things as the perfect pair of jeans, boys calling you, red mustangs, first kisses, looking at the stars, etc. I was thinking about all those things and decided I needed a new list of joyous things for this new point in my life. It would still include the perfect pair of jeans (although a few sizes bigger), red mustangs and looking at the stars, but it would have to have a whole new section for being a mom and wife. Here are some of the things on my new list of joyous things:
~the first time you feel a new baby kick in your tummy
~the first time you hold that new baby in your arms
~home from work kisses
~getting all the kids in bed before 8 p.m.
~grown-up movies
~sticky kid kisses
~days off of work
~ice cream
~chocolate
~kids all dressed up for Halloween
~dance recitals
~preschool
~the way sick kids just want their mommies
~dates
~fireworks
~cookie dough
~kids stealing cookie dough
~having someone to lick the bowl with me
~having someone just as excited about Christmas as me.

What's on your joyous things list? I keep thinking about what the General Authorities all seemed to say at this last General Conference: that we need to be thankful for all that we do have no matter what kind of other things are going on. Plus with almost 4 kids there are a lot of things to find joy in!

3 comments:

Katie said...

What a great list! I have to agree that little kid kisses are one of the best (and wettest) things ever!

Elizabeth said...

I remeber making those list with you! I love doing that it makes me feel so much better.

Kerrie said...

How fun! I want to make one. That word 'joyouse' totally makes me giggle. I love it. Makes me think of you and her. Good times.