Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Aidan McQueen the Car

Aidan's 4th birthday was last week on Thursday. I think he had a good day. We had grandmas and grandpas over and had cake and more importantly presents. He was very excited to get a Thomas the train hat, Thomas toys, Cars sheets and some dollars. I made him a Thomas cake as requested and it turned out pretty good. Lucky for me that cupcakes make perfect wheels seeing as how I keep having to make things that go for Aidan's birthday cakes.


Some thoughts about Aidan: He is my little buddy. We have gotten to hang out together a lot since Kiara has started going to school and various other things. It has been fun to go to the store with him and watch Thomas movies and play Thomas or Lightning McQueen in the window. He is completely a boy. He loves trains, cars, tractors and anything that is big and can knock stuff over. He has decided that his name is not just Aidan Shane, but Aidan McQueen the Car Shane Hansen. In fact if you ask him his name that is what he will tell you. I can't wait for him to learn to write all of that name! He has been the quiet one in our house for a long time. He also is wonderful in Primary. His teacher always is impressed with how reverent he can be. At home he may be quiet, but he is the one who is going to get into something. He doesn't ask me to get him something, especially if he thinks I will say no, he just gets a stool or a box or both and gets whatever he has his little heart set on. I always get nervous if I haven't seen him for a little while. He is getting ready to start teeball and swimming lessons and will start preschool in the fall. What a guy!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Celissa! I saw a link on Elizabeths page to yours. Your family is so cute!

Elizabeth said...

I love the Cake!!! I bet Aidan loved it too!

Katie said...

You know, every time I see pictures of your gorgeous kids, I'm always struck with how Kiara looks JUST LIKE your mom. Those McBride genes sure are sticking around for the generations! But that picture of Aidan, he looks just like how I remember my best friend from all those years ago. Especially his smile. What a handsome and fun boy!