Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Yellow Sponge Dilemma

Everyday I have an ongoing struggle with myself about the joy that is Spongebob Squarepants. My kids and husband think he is just the best thing there ever was. I disagree wholeheartedly. I think he is completely riduculous. Now you would think that I could just say that we're not going to watch Spongebob, but here is the problem: All my kids, even my 1 year old will sit and watch Spongebob happily allowing me to actually get something done. (In fact, they are watching Spongebob right now) They were all sitting on the couch and Spongebob came on and all 3 of them started dancing and Kiara and Aidan started singing the song at the top of their lungs. When Shane is home all 4 of them will sit and watch it. Don't even try to talk to any of them during Spongebob.

I guess my dilemma will continue, or I will just get over it and spend 30 minutes on myself everytime their favorite yellow sponge comes on...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I must say I would take the time to myself and let them watch their show because after all you do work very hard and deserve some time to yourself.

Katie said...

We do the same thing with Curious George!