Monday, November 19, 2007

The newest addition to the Hansen family

No, not a baby, but a kitty! Meet Cooper, the cat:



Last weekend we had a yard sale at Shane's mom house. A lady came by and was buying something and was holding a kitten. We commented how cute the kitten was and the lady said "You want it? It's yours!" We, of course, said no, but after she let me hold it I was sold. Shane was against it, but after being tag teamed by me, his mom and the kitten lady, he really had no chance. I felt bad, but not so bad that I wanted to give the kitten back. I had to promise to give him a bath and clean the litter box and he said I could keep him!!!


So now we have a kitten, Cooper, in our family. He is already very well loved by everyone. Rowan follows him around and Cooper plays with Rowan. Rowan is actually really soft with him. The one we have to watch is Aidan. He likes to throw Cooper and pick him up by the tail. Cooper gets him too, but I'm still not sure it is a fair trade off. I'm not sure what Moly, our dog, thinks of him, but hopefully she will get used to him. The first thing Kiara wants to know when she wakes up and when she gets home from school is "where is Cooper?"



Shane won't admit it yet, but I think he likes Cooper after all. While I am working at night, he and Cooper sit on the couch and watch TV and I can hear Cooper purring all the way over at the computer. I think they are destined to be good friends whether or not Shane ever admits it.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh....a little kitten..you scared me there for a minute!

Kerrie said...

How fun to have a new....kitten. I'm glad you're not already having another kid! Although they're a lot of fun too! Looks like you're loving your new family member! Congrats!